
often times it's the same rythm for me in the studio... i get down to the wire--- often times im so tired my mind won't create any thing new. but then there are days when i'm so inspired i feel like i'm dreaming. if you knocked on the door to my studio today, i would not answer. i am settled in with my inspirations, and i'm not moving. music... can i paint without music?...I found out the other day one of my paintings sold to a person that hung it beside a Joan Miro piece in their private home. It humbled me because Joan Miro was one of the modern master painters I studied when I was giving in to becoming a painter.
on my website i have a quote from him---"consider the silence of a painting. But in its silence, there is a choreographed pantomime, a ballet, voice and form." (Joan Miro).
Im reminded today that my inspirations are great and many- within the silence of my paintings there is hours of music that backs my work... some days it does feel very choreographed.
1 comment:
I would hang one of your paintings in my house :) next to the quail and deer in my house. Oh, the craziness of a Higdon household. haha.
Post a Comment